Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sk8 Life

Hello fellow skaters! It’s Tuesday so you know I’m on a cloud, so ready to get my roll on at the rink tonight! I have made some awesome progress in the past few weeks since I updated my blog so listen up. November 11 was Veteran’s Day (Go Veteran’s!) so I had the day off and the rink was open for the kids being out of school. Awesome for me! I was one of about four adults there but no worries, I’m Little Miss Zip-Out-Of-The-Way nowadays so I don’t mind the kids at all. I had a great time on Thursday and Wonderboy showed up later in the afternoon. He wants to help me with my backwards skating, which is so exciting. I am so grateful to each and every skater who takes the time to work with me and teach me.


Working with Wonderboy on Thursday, he observed my backwards skating and then asked if I could pick up one of my feet. Heck no! Not going backwards that’s for sure. So that was his diagnosis: to get to the next level in backwards, I need to learn to skate backwards on one foot. Much harder than it may sound. Luckily he is willing to work with me and I have already taken some baby steps in that direction. It’s very hard but so exciting to feel myself inching towards a new goal.Saturday I was at the rink again, more chances to practice my backwards skating. I also have been working on some forward rexing moves that Paul has been teaching me. I have been trying and trying to mimic his movements but I know I am doing it wrong. Saturday something finally clicked in place: I knew I was doing it right, I could just feel it! So awesome!


Sunday I was so eager to show Paul what I had learned, and sure enough, he said I was doing well! I showed him my “one leg backwards” moves as well and he was pleased. Wonderboy thinks I might be able to do backwards crossovers in the next few weeks if I keep working at it. That would be too cool so I am trying not to get ahead of myself, just keep working and hope it happens.


This Sunday I will be skating in the Mother Goose Parade in El Cajon. It’s going to be great fun! I was told to save up my energy so that I can skate for three miles (gulp). Sounds hardcore but I am ready. So if you’re in the Cajon Zone, do come out and check my skating moves!! Happy Winter Skating ya’ll.

No comments:

Post a Comment