Friday, February 12, 2010

Adult Night in Cerritos


Went skating in Cerritos at Skate Depot last night. They have a Thursday night special, 21 and up only. It was a very mature and sophisticated event, not like the way it is here. I love adult night at Skate World, but we get more than our fair share of amateurs having fun in their disco clothes. None of that BS here. Probably 90% of the skaters were intermediate to advanced, they put on a very impressive show. One of the funnest parts of the nights was a 3-song trio special - three people linked by hand or arm in arm skating. Truly amazing stuff, the people got going so fast, there was a huge vortex of wind as they flew around the floor.

I had a really good night of skating. I stuck to the center of the rink, despite the huge number of amazing skaters in there. I held my ground and did my moves. The best progress I made was doing a lot of skating on my toes last night. I was able to really do it and hold it for about 30 seconds! That was cool.

I want to build on the progress I had last night. Skating tonight at Skate World 7:30 - 11:00, I'll be there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment