Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Skate


Hi guys! Went to the rink yesterday for afternoon skating. It was a little more crowded than usual, but not too bad. One of the things I love about going to the rink on Sundays is that it is pretty dead. Gives me a chance to work on skating in the round at a faster pace. When there are more people, I get intimidated and just stick to the middle. So it was good to get some practice in on my crossovers around the oval.

Wonderboy was there, and he's one of the best skaters that go to the rink. He loves to show me new moves and push me out of my comfort zone, it's so annoying. That's what I love about my comfort zone, it's so comforting. But I know that ultimately he helps me become a better skater. But after an hour of doing moves I don't know how to do, I am hot and tired. I have a lot of little exercises to practice on now. But it was really hot at the rink yesterday, reminded me of how hot it gets in there during the summer.

Going skate at the rink today for a special President's Day Skate, 12:30-3:00. Today I am definitely going to pull my hair back and be ready for the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment